When you ask the people whether they wish to transform their smile or not; most of them nodded! Basically, they want whiter teeth. Teeth colour reflects your attitude regarding taking care of yourself. You will find it a real challenge to maintain the whiteness while consuming red wine, chocolate and coffee at a regular basis.
Several habits and foods cause staining on teeth if you indulge in them daily. Consumption of dark pigmented drinks and foods and daily smoking can leave dark impression on your white teeth.
Your genetics, dental checkups frequency and oral care regime have also a contribution in staining the teeth. As a result, the teeth become grey, brown and yellow tinted. Teeth whitening treatment is the best option available for you to retain the healthy and youthful white smile. Go through this blog post to know how can you take care your teeth after whitening treatment.
Teeth whitening solution
Several intensity levels of the teeth whitening treatments are available to choose from. They differ greatly in both efficacy and price. It includes the following:
- In-office bleaching comprises of one session to deliver the dramatic result.
- At-home treatment delivered by the dentist needs multiple visits.
- Stain removal toothpaste if the most affordable option delivering least visible results.
- OTC (over-the-counter) whitening pastes and strips that works much better over toothpaste. However, they don’t have the similar clinical strength to whiten the teeth as professional treatment.
Teeth whitening actually perform bleaching on the surface of the teeth with the help of carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide. It targets the stains to break them in small pieces revealing the whiteness of the teeth underneath. As a result, the teeth will start appear much brighter and whiter.
How to retain the whiteness post treatment
The longevity of the effect depends on how you take care of the teeth after whitening treatment. Initial 24 hours are imperative and here are some tips for aftercare of teeth whitening treatment for you to follow. Your dentist also advices these:
- Don’t use coloured mouthwashes and toothpastes
- Stop smoking but you can use e-cigar in limitations
- Avoid the consumption of stain-inducing foods such as fruits, chocolate, cured meats and soy sauce
- Cut of having stain-causing drinks like black tea, beer, dark sodas, fruit juices, red wine and coffee
After having teeth whitening treatment, you must consume something non-acidic, non-sugary and light coloured. However, you can continue with the following foods like:
- Skinless chicken breast
- White cheese
- White cream sauces
- Clear alcohol mixed in light mixers like vodka soda, tonic or gin
- Clear coconut water
- White yogurt
- Peeled potatoes
For the first 24 hours post treatment don’t consume anything which cause stain to the teeth. It can create a huge impact on the longevity of the treatment result. Otherwise, the whitening will start disappearing within 3 months. By following the good oral care practice you can make it last for more than a year.
Some on-going care tips consist of:
- Brushing the teeth using white toothpaste right away after having anything which can cause stains
- Practice the better oral care regime comprising of mouthwash, flossing and brushing each night and morning
- Opt for whitening touch-ups once in every 6-month for the patients who drink and smoke a lot.
Can whitening damage the teeth?
Any teeth whitening treatment including the professional cannot damage the teeth or enamel. Therefore there is nothing to worry about several sessions with the dentist. But over at-home treatment can possess detrimental effects on the teeth. Even after some time it will become prominent that whiteness is there because of cosmetic dentistry.
If you want the whiteness over the natural level then it will become unappealing and distracting to see. As insurance policies never cover the expense of this cosmetic dentistry you must learn the tips to hold on the result in the long run. This is factually correct if you are the professional where your appearance is asset.
White pearly smile boosts the confidence level of the patients even they flash it for living or not! On the other hand, a yellow and dull smile can drop down the appearance at the same time.
Tooth whitening is affordable, comfortable, efficient, quick and safe. Contact with your dentist today if you wish for dazzling white smile. They can come with the most appropriate solution for you. Visit at www.teethwhitening.london/ to book your consultation to know more about teeth whitening!