The essential bedroom furniture – drawers, chests, nightstands, chairs, and more! You will need all of these pieces for a decent bedroom. When shopping for your furniture, make sure you have enough space. It’s important to measure your bedroom first to get a good idea of what you have to work with.
Must have Bedroom Furniture items
1. The bed! When shopping for the perfect bed, consider going with a solid wooden frame. A chest is ideal for storage, a bed is a great place to put a computer, and a vanity is a perfect spot for a nightstand. Some bedroom furniture has hidden compartments you can’t see from the side, which is another reason why measuring your bedroom is important. Don’t forget to choose the colour!
2. The media unit! One of the most essential pieces of bedroom furniture you’ll ever own is the media unit. Your television, stereo, DVD player, and other entertainment devices will make your bedroom sing. Placement is key, so place them where they will be easy to access and view. A dresser is a great place for all your DVDs and MP3 players, while a chest of drawers or nightstands is a great place for your electronic equipment.
3. The bedroom dresser! The bedroom dresser is an absolute must-have piece of essential bedroom furniture. Not only does it provide storage space, but it also adds beauty to the room. Many times people do not put much thought into their bedroom dressers until they have to clean out the drawers at the end of the day.
4. One of the most essential pieces of bedroom furniture is the mirror. A big mirror is going to increase the feeling of space. If you are the type of person who likes to look good, then a big mirror is essential! A big mirror is essential to the feeling of relaxation when you are getting ready for bed. This can also be an opportunity to check if you have taken off any of your makeup because if you don’t, it will all fall on the floor, which will be an ugly mess!
5. The nightstand! Another essential bedroom furniture item is a nightstand. Depending on your taste, you can get a traditional nightstand or a modern type nightstand, with either hand carved or glass knobs, with a cabinet below and shelves or drawers to place your clothes or shoes on.
Other items of bedroom furniture you need include a chest of drawers, and possibly a nightstand. The nightstand gives you additional storage space, especially if you don’t have much storage space. If you get a chest of drawers, you might as well buy a matching dresser to go with it. Drawers allow you to store all sorts of things, from shoes to necklaces, and keep everything neat and tidy.
Choose the Perfect one
Your bedroom set will depend greatly on the style that you have chosen. For those that have traditional bedrooms, your choice of bed frame and nightstands should reflect this. If you love the latest designs and style, there are some beautiful contemporary pieces available. All your essential bedroom furniture needs to fit together in harmony to give you that wonderful bedroom you are dreaming of.
You should make sure that you have the right size and dimensions for each piece of essential bedroom furniture. You need to be able to fit the bed into the bedroom without any gaps, and you need to be able to move freely around your bedroom. Of course, it is a good idea to have a standard-size single bed in your bedroom, even if you have a lot of wiggle room in other areas. If you are sharing your bedroom with somebody else, they need to be able to sleep comfortably as well. It is a good idea to take a look at what other bedrooms are fitted with, and then measure up where you think the bed should go, then add a few extra inches to this figure, for a more comfortable fit.
A bed frame is one of those essential bedroom furniture sets that many people tend to neglect, although it is actually very important. You want to make sure that the bed frame is sturdy and solid, and that you can easily install a double bed if needed. If you put in solid wood furniture and treat it well, you will be able to find any type of bed in any colour you want. Some people like the look of open plan floor plans, with white walls and a large wooden bed frame. You could try going for something more traditional, or even modern. Top 10 essential bedroom furniture sets will help you make the right choice when buying your bedroom suite.