There are many brands of Wi-Fi devices and Extenders in the market nowadays. All of them are the best wifi boosters. Sometimes, we want to change the SSID or Security Key on these wireless range extenders. For that, you need to login into your Rockspace Local wireless extender setup page using Re.rockspace.local. Rockspace local Wi-Fi extender login page allows the users to configure and access their wireless devices with the internet.
You can use this IP address to reset and set up an existing router. It often leads to IP conflicts between the router and other wireless devices. The IP address is for some of the private networks. However, the private IP address starts with 192.168.0.0 and can go up to 192.168.255.255. It depends on the user which IP address you use.
Rockspace local Wi-Fi extender setup with static IP address
Get the subnet mask, default gateway, internet IP address, and the domain name server before assigning the static IP address to your router. Also, ensure an active internet connection before connecting the router to the extender. Connect the router to the modem directly. Always use Ethernet or the internet wire to connect the modem, router, and computer with other devices. It will ensure you an errorless configuration and ap.setup access.
- Make sure you can go online by utilizing the static IP address on your wifi wireless system.
- If you are turning to your internet service provider but have a static IP address, you would require to reset the router first. And then, you can proceed to the next step.
- Press the tiny reset button with the mobile pin for more than 10 seconds.
- After pressing the button, hold it for 10 seconds. And then, release the button so that it gets booted up. Then unplug the router from the socket board of your room, and then plug it back in after 30 seconds.
- You should Wait for the power LED and let it become solid. Check the internet connection. And then, connect your modem directly to the Rockspace Wi-Fi extender.
- Use the Ethernet cable to connect the internet port of the router. Insert the other side into the internet port of the modem.
- Now connect the computer, laptop, mobile, tablet, whichever device you have to configure the Re.rockspace.local Wi-Fi extender with the Ethernet wire.
- Take different Ethernet wires to connect the modem to the router and the computer to the modem.
- Check that all the devices have been connected to the router and are working.
- To verify the workability of these devices, you should check the LED lights over these devices. If the LEDs are solid, that means you have hooked all the devices with the router.
- Set your Wi-Fi system in a way that it should detect the Rockspace WIFI extender IP address automatically. Only then, the extender will be able to communicate with the router.
- Access the web-based http://ap.setup page of your range extender to set a static IP address on your router and the range extender.
- Unlock a web directory, and then enter the static IP in the address line of your web directory. At last, press enter.
- It will also ask you to enter the login details of your router. You have to enter “admin” as the password and leave the user’s SSID section blank.
- Click OK and go on the setup page, select the static IP address in place of internet connection type, then select the DNS server name that you have got through your ISP provider.
Select the default Gateway, subnet mask, internet IP address, etc. Then save your settings by tapping the SAVE option.
Wi-Fi protected setup using Re.rockspace.local setup
- Launch a browser and then input the IP login gateway http://192.168.1.1 or URL login gateway http://ap.setu.p
- Enter the username and password to get the Basic home page on the login page,
- On the home page, select Wireless, then Basic Wireless Settings. You will be asked to select either Manual Setup or WPS setup methods.
- Select the WPS button option as we are doing the wifi-protected setup only.
- Another option includes entering the PIN of the client devices.
- After entering the PIN, the users need to click on the register button.
- The third option is to enter the PIN as you see on your client’s device.
- Choose the same security encryptions settings for the expander as you have for the home wireless network.
You have to secure a connection between any client device and the extender. Perform this process with the direct Ethernet cable from the device to the extender. First, you’ll have to make a login to the web-based interface of your range extender. You’ll need a browser and default login gateway http://192.168.1.1 or Re.rockspace.local.