The Asus router setup wizard requires the Basic settings of your router. It helps you access the internet, set up your account username and password, and enable the wireless network for all your nearby devices. First of all, you have to install the Smart setup wizard in your device to set up the SSID and password of your Asus router. After installing the Asus router setup wizard and getting the configurations, set the wireless login details. It will shift your Asus router firmware from a default configured SSID and Password to customize SSID and password. It helps you to protect your wireless router. You can even secure your router from being hacked or accessed by strangers. Wireless configuration needs to be performed on each band depending on your router.
In the descriptions below, we will learn about the SSID and Password set up on the 2.4 GHz band, 5 GHz band, and the third one set to 5 GHz only. First, you should open the Basic Wireless setting section from the menu.
Asus router setup for Wireless configuration on 2.4GHz
- On 2.4GHz Wireless Frequency – You have to enable the Wireless Radio by checking the Enable Wi-Fi tab.
- Network Name or the SSID change – You have to type the Wi-Fi name for the 2.4GHZ band.
- Change the Asus router default password– Type a unique and navel password for this 2.4GHz band you have never used before.
Asus router setup for wireless configuration on 5.8 GHz-1
- 5GHz-1 Wireless frequency –Enable your wireless radio and keep the box checked to enable 5.8GHz-1
- Network Name or the SSID change –Type the required Wi-Fi name for the 5 GHz wireless frequency band.
- Asus router default password– Type password for 5GHz-1 SSID here.
Asus router setup for Wireless Configuration 5.8GHz-2
- On 5GHz-2 Wireless frequency– You have to enable your wireless radio and keep the box checked to allow the 5.8GHz-2 band.
- Network Name or the SSID change –Here, you have to type a secured Wi-Fi name for the 5 GHz-2 frequency band.
- Asus router default password– In this, change the password for your 5GHz-2 SSID. Keep this password unique and different from the other two wireless bands.
After completing all the above settings, you have to press the save button and apply all these changes to your Asus router firmware AX6100.
The best ways to boost the WIFI speed of your Asus router
Are you getting the 30 % internet speed through the Wi-Fi device you have? But while using a wired Ethernet connection receiving 100 % internet speed? Now, you do not need to worry at all. It is a matter of misconfiguration. You might have followed some wrong steps that reduced the WIFI speed of your internet. We will explore some best ways to boost your internet connection in the following steps. These processes can surely raise the internet speed of your Asus router login firmware to 100%. No matter whether you have a wired or wireless internet connection.
Factors that slow down the internet speed of your Asus router
- If you are using a router with the default Asus router firmware.
- If there is a wrong channel selection by mistake.
- You might have controlled the wireless channel width to half of its actual length.
- If you are using a low-functioning hardware WIFI router.
- There might be a lot of interference between the channels
- There might be a signal range issue due to the distance between the router and the devices.
- You may have left some of the applications to run in the background.
- These applications will be consuming too much internet, causing the other devices to receive less internet.
- The Asus router firmware of your device might have expired.
- There might be some unwanted toolbar consuming more internet in your web browser.
- You might have placed your router inside a covered place or at the back of the cupboards.
- The router might have kept near the devices emitting electromagnetic waves.
Ways to increase the Internet speed of my Asus router
Use the Asus router setup wizard for the configuration
Using the configuration and following the steps, configure your router. You will achieve 100 % internet speed on its wireless channels. In today’s time, 150 Mbps is the minimum speed for all WIFI routers. We have used some of the best techniques, like the Asus router setup wizard. It will enhance your router configuration up to 100 per cent.
There are many Wi-Fi routers with enhanced and modified features. If you compare them to previous WI-FI routers, then they are excellent. You should configure the router with Asus router setup wizard and 11ac Dual Band. It is capable enough to provide high speed for gaming and online video streaming.
Set your wireless frequency to avoid Channel interference
You should set the wireless channel bandwidth up to 40 MHz in a single band router to avoid channel interferences between your Asus router firmware. This setting is in Mhz. You need to set up the frequencies as per the internet speed of your router. It can be 20 MHz or 40 MHz. To change it, go to the wireless setting section of your router, find the option CHANNEL WIDTH and change it to 40 MHz.