Regular practice of Yogasanas is extremely beneficial for mental and physical health. People in India have been practicing yoga for hundreds of years. Today yoga is prevalent all over the world and millions of people in many countries of the world work to keep their bodies healthy by practicing yoga daily. Although the body gets many benefits from yoga, do you know that some yogasanas are also very beneficial in removing the toxins present in the body due to modern lifestyle, pollution, and unbalanced diet? Let us know about those asanas which are considered very beneficial in detoxifying the body.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh.
Yoga Poses to Detox Body
Regular practice of yoga is useful for the smooth functioning of all the parts of the body. The practice of yoga is also considered beneficial for cleaning body parts like the liver, kidney, lungs, etc. Regular practice of these asanas is considered extremely beneficial to remove toxins from the body. Let us know about these asanas from Yoga Guru Mohan of The Yoga Guru Institute, Noida.
1. Matsyasana or Fish Pose
How to Practice Matsyasana:
To do Matsyasana, first sit in the position of Padmasana. Now leaning back comfortably, lie completely on the back on the ground. Now hold both the legs with opposite hands. Holding the right foot with the left hand and the left foot with the right hand, keep the elbow on the ground. While inhaling, move the head back and then slowly come back to the starting position.
Benefits of Matsyasana:
- beneficial in clearing the lungs
- Useful for chest and neck
- Beneficial in respiratory problems & parathyroid, pituitary, and pineal glands
- Beneficial in stress and anxiety
2. Viparita Karani or Legs Up Pose
How to Do Viprita Karani Yoga:
To do this asana, first of all, lie down in a flat place and place the palms of both the hands on the ground. Now slowly raise both the legs upwards, keep the body in this position for about 5 minutes.
Benefits of Viprita Karani:
- Extremely beneficial in stress or tension
- Useful in balancing the blood flow in the body
- Beneficial for cleaning the digestive system
- Useful for all abdominal organs
If you want to explore and learn more about yoga poses, you can join a Yoga Teacher Training in Goa.
3. Trikonasana or Triangle Pose
How to Do Trikonasana:
To do Trikonasana, first of all, stand with a distance of 3 feet between both feet. Now bend your left leg slightly and place the hands on the toe and move the other hand upwards and come to the position of triangle shape. Now do the same process with the right leg, keeping in mind that while taking the body down, exhale and take it in while moving up.
Benefits of Trikonasana:
- Beneficial for stomach
- Useful for reducing fat
- Beneficial for the digestive system
- Beneficial in gas problem
How to Do Setu Bandhasana:
First of all, lie down with your palms facing the ground. Now while keeping both the feet on the ground, raise the body from your waist and hips, during this time keep the shoulders on the ground, now exhale and come back to the starting position.
Benefits of Setu Bandhasana:
- Beneficial for chest, neck, spine, and hips
- Useful in balancing the circulation of blood in the body
- Helpful in stress and depression
- Extremely beneficial for the stomach and lungs
How to Practice Sarvangasana:
In Sarvangasana, it is practiced to stand upside down with the support of the shoulders. For this posture, first of all, keep a sheet or blanket folded under the shoulders. Now take the legs upwards at a 90-degree angle. While balancing slowly, try to hold the waist with both hands. In the beginning, do this asana only for 2 to 3 minutes.
Benefits of Sarvangasana:
- Beneficial in increasing metabolism
- Strengthens the back and spine
- Beneficial in constipation, asthma, and piles
- Cleanses the digestive system and increases its power